White stuff near my axis mouth ...

A

andre

Hi,

Lately one of my axis is showing some unusual white spot near its mouth ... is that fungus ?

21057.jpg
21058.jpg

21059.jpg
21060.jpg

Hummm... interesting.. maybe they are just his skin? My one has some lighter patches too but she always had them..

But i do love your ones gill steams! Whats his/her name?

Mmmm ... I don't think that its just the skin as I can't remember having seen this before. Anyway, at the moment it does not seem to be evolving into something else, so I'll keep an eye on it.

His gills are so bright red because he didn't like much to be put in a separate bowl for a photo shooting session. Usually they are lighter.

I havent decided yet about his name ... maybe Tom and/or Jerry would be an idea
biggrin.gif
... but then I should also find a name for the ladies (I have 2 males & 2 females) ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back