Pregnant???

K

kazzie

i have 1 female & 2 males i'm not sure of the ages of them i've had them 4-5 months & the female is getting really fat is she pregnant? if so how long will it b before she lays her eggs?

Can you post a picture? A top view would be the best. Is she more fat on one side?

the female usually gets rounder with eggs around sexual maturity (which can range from 10-18 months or longer). If one of the males has dropped spermataphore round the tank and she's picked it/them up then it can take a day/few days up to a week or so to lay eggs. A friend's axie laid eggs overnight after picking up spermataphore the day before (he'd seen pickup and laying); then with another batch of egg laying another female had picked up spermataphore but took a week to week and half to lay eggs (he was just finishing lifting out the 1st batch of eggs).

Carrying eggs is possible, but there is also a disease called bloat. Without a photo, it's hard to distinguish them.

So please help - I have had 4 lots of spawning - loads of babies and they all die within a fortnight - HELP

so she was pregnant had her eggs some time early morning i've removed them in2 another tank so what now? how long will the take 2 hatch? what food will they need? any other tips would b useful

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back