Double the luck!

J

jacob

Last night I was out until 3:00 AM. When I walked into the salamander room I noticed that one of my gold albino was laying eggs. Then I walked around to check all of the aquariums and one of my biggest wild-types was also laying eggs! I have been seeing spermatophores all over the tank bottoms for the last few days, so I figured this was coming, but I have never had two spawnings in one night.

Wow, it's neat to actually catch them in the act!Congrats!

Thanks! Yeah, I actually had one more female spawn later in the day (around 6:00 PM) as well, so lots of new mouths to feed.

I usually see them laying eggs while it is happening, probably because I am in the room with them for a good amount of time every day.

sounds like a party going on in the axolotl colony. congrats!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back