Eggs

B

bart

Yesterday when I came home I spotted about 100 eggs. I would like to raise a few, but what should I do?? I've putt a few eggs in an aquarium with an airstone in it and I left a few with my axolots. Thanx

The ones you have left with your axolotls will probably get eaten.

I am raising babies at the moment, and the best advice I can give you is to cull the eggs and just raise a few. I have tried to raise a lot of babies, and as expected it has been quite a task.

Maybe try keeping 20 eggs? I think that is a good number, then you can give them the attention they need!

You can cull them or sell them through this forum to other enthusiasts. I am raising quite a few babies right now as well. I agree with Anna, keeping about a dozen or two would be best if it is your first time raising them. That way you spend your time and resources on those ones and you will have better luck than if you try and raise all hundred. You might want to separate the male and female for a few month so she can regain all the nutrients she put into those precious eggs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back