Wee lil babies

C

clay

my axolotls layed eggs some time this weekend how long dose it take the egggs to hatch wat do i feed them and how do i keep them???
help please

Seriosly you are rushing this. DId you buy them for the sole purpse of breeding them?... Anway the eggs will hatch in about 14 days. THe warmer the water teh faster they hartch... adn now dont reaise the temp till will elad to deformities etc in teh maturation process. Seccondly they eat live food for the first weeks. I like to use brine shrimp, freshly hatched or chopped up blod worms. They must be kept in containers with the same size ones i nthe same containers or they will resort to canablilism. Water changes every day and lots of patience. Also go here. www.Axolotls.org

yea i have looked der and no i didnt get them for breeding i have had them for about a yr and never thourt about breeding just came home dis weekend and bam!! der they wer

id cull everything except 20 or so, it can be very hard to get rid of all of them and will cost you alot of time and money if you have too many
happy.gif

someone i know her axolotls layed eggs and let them all hatch and the pet shop gave her $3.00 i think it was each

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back