More eggs!!!

M

mary

my norty young axies have laid another batch of eggs- its only been just over a month since the first big event. I wish i could give the eggs to someone else to raise!! don't have the time to do it myself- it was such a lot of work last time ( as was warned by those who know!!!) Is it bad for my dear wee mummy axie to be doing this all the time- i might have to get her hubby moved out and sent away!!

What area are you in Mary? I have just had batch no. 2 hatch, If you were nearby I could take on some more. what colour are the parents?

I know how you feel, so many eggs so little time. I also went through with bringing 50 eggs up last time and that was hard work!! maybe the petshop will take them or you could advertise elsewhere, I'm sure there are axie lovers out there somewhere =)
L

Or, you could always just leave them in the tank, and nature will do it's thing, and the parents will eat them. We left a couple in the tank this time, and only one is left to hatch yet. Seems awful, but it is nature's way.

look theres an axie lover! wow ang i wish i had known you when we had so many babies =)
L

We have two overly randy white axies, and have just bought a pair of blacks, which i will have in two weeks. Always room for more here.

what is with our Kiwi axies?? what is in our water?!!( we are in Upper Hutt by the way..) the mummy is just your standard black/grey axie ( forgotten the correct description) and daddy ( who we thought was a girl) is a pink man- a very studly man too it seems... i have removed some eggs already but there is still lots in there.Last time my hubbie had a special nursery with heater and special bubbler...

I can ask on trademe if you want a home for them? I am a regular on the messageboard there.

Thanks Ang- my hubbie lives on TradeMe so i could get him to try....!!

Mary, it will stress your female out to continuously lay eggs. I suggest getting a tank divider.

Give it a go, maybe put them on the message board, as well as advertising? There's heaps of axie people over there.

Our female seems to have settled down, her second batch have hatched, and doing well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back