Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Breeding question

S

sarah

ok, id like to breed my axies. I went to the breeder today and he had 1 female in the tub for sale, but because she is from the same family as rap and daddy (possible brother and sisters), i thought the offspring may have some problems.
Or would it be safer to buy a female from another shop?

S

sharn

definatly. inbreeding is a problem, alot of people say 'its ok for a few generations' but the effects of inbreeding are showing now with some fish. its easy enough to get another axie from another store and its helping just that tiny bit
happy.gif

S

sarah

i have a nice female on order. i should get her by the end of the week! cant wait! im already thinking of names.

L

lana

yeh i know its already been said but dont get related axies, my friends, mum's sisters, dad's brother had dogs they were inbred and all the pups had to be put down they all were ah... well, retarded is the best word

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!