More eggs already!!

M

mary

hi there, I know Joan S said that axies breed all year around but i wasn't expecting to find eggs in the tank again so soon- it was only a month ago since the last lot!( which sadly we lost when young larvae) its certainly spring time in the tank! will it be bad for the young female to be doing all this? there have only been a bout 10 eggs and some looked grey- maybe these are leftovers??

Mary, sorry to hear you lost your babies!!
sad.gif

We think our two have been mating again, the next few days will tell.

yes- maybe the axie parents knew too so have decided to breed again!!

Hope so, good luck, lets keep our fingers crossed, you worked so hard!

Have you seen the golds on trademe for sale? Heaps of them are appearing! We would love to get one, but they don't ship.

wow- that would be cool!
I don't think we will support this batch of eggs- mind you theres only a few so far but they are up to something! wild young axies....

mine did the exact same thing, they bred once then again after about a month, its been about 2 months and they have bred again!!!. i am just going to leave these eggs in the tank for the axies to eat^_^.

Sorry to hear that Mary. We erred on the side of keeping too many eggs and now have 40 thriving juveniles.... what to do with them all????? We are surprised with the number of people who are not interested in having one or two as pets. Any of your friends want some???

Deb, that's exactly why I try to discourage people from actively breeding their axolotls. It's very hard to get rid of the offspring. I had 8, and kept two myself, and still was 6 months trying to get rid of the remaining 6.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back