Genetics

B

belinda

Hi,
My axie laid eggs last week and I was very curious as to know why she laid white eggs as I didn't think she was an albino (I'll post her picture)
67303.jpg

the white bit of the egg is the yolk. the black/brown part is the developing animal.

There is no black/brown part, they are developing and still 100% white!

WOW!!!! i'VE NEVER SEEN A SHINEY AXIE LIKE URS. iTS ALL GOLDEN^___^ AWWWW

Your animal looks like a dark golden albino. Even if she isn't, it very well could be recessive for albinism.

it looks like my spot. Like a very yellow wildtype. It has a black iris so i would say its a wildtype. who was the father?? Are all the eggs white. it looks so little! I think maybe the man of the house didnt furfill his part in this!!!.. just my assumption though! are they actually tuning into little featuses...like do they have gills and are developing? hav u seen the axolotl.org web site. They have pics on the embryo page.

Yep my white albino male certainly did his job
:) I have lots of little babies (now around 3+cm).
The phenotypes I have are: white albinos, yellow albinos, leucistics, and wildtypes.

I will try and get some pics up today.

P.S. My female looks so little in that picture because it was taken over a year ago, she is a big girl now :)

WOW! that's amazing, you know what.....ur axies looks like it has whiteish patches. Am i right? her underbellie also looks lighter. Maybe both parents carried the albino gene-it's VERY possible! luck you!
cute!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back