Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Breeding Tips

A

amanda

My Axols have layed there eggs. I have put them in a separate tank with an air stone.

Does anyone know if there is anything else I have to do to help them along or do I just leave them and wait and see what happens?

Please help this is the first time our Axols have layed

(Message approved by admin)

J

jenny

lol heather im guessin by now since the message was posted in april her axys have been born and half way to puberty :p

F

fidel

lol
happy.gif

S

stacey

leave the eggs for about 2- 2n half weeks, then they should have hatched, but after a week u can see the body shapes in the eggs. just leave em, dont worry bout light, heat or nething

M

mik

this is an old thread - March. Please feel free to read it but please don't continue to post. Elizabeth has long since resolved her issue of the date.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1