Black&white eggs

J

jojovial

<center>
eggs7ml.jpg
</center>
today my white female laying half-black&white eggs ,
2 males one white and one wild-type ,this is their first breeding ,i havent seen any spermatophores in the tank do you think that the eggs are fertile ????

The black half is called the 'animal pole', and is what will develop into an axolotl. Unfertile eggs are all white. Congrats!

I was worrying about this too... but from my (very recent) experience... all the half black, half white eggs that my lady laid all seem to be 'growing' at a substantial rate... the ones that were all white, or black or grey haven't... and have been 'disposed' of...

The eggs in the picture were albinos. That's why there was no black.

5 days ,they are fertile great!!!their are grey ,the female is white ,do you think that ,somes become white ?
54060.jpg

I think they'll probably all be wildtype, but sometimes you have to wait until they get bigger to determine their phenotype. You may get some white ones. When they get bigger, by the time they start growing legs, you should know for sure.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back