Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Babies

T

trisha

300+ and now a new batch. Thought there weren't more than 150 in new batch till we just cleaned out the filter!!

Just put the 4 week old babies in a new tank to make room for new babies (let parents eat eggs until they were ready to hatch on 2nd batch) They have suddenly started eating each other.

Not sure what colour they will be - father albino - mother leucistic - to start with I thought they were olive but now they have front legs and appear more white than green? Do you think they may be leucistic?

Moderator's note.
Trisha, I edited your ad from the post here as all ads must be submitted in the correct forum and be approved.
Ed

(Message edited by Ed on January 03, 2006)

(Message edited by Ed on January 03, 2006)

S

sharn

well if your parents are albino and leucistic you should get around 50/50 unless they have other colours in them from back down the line.

babies do eat each other until they hit around the 5cm mark *i think its around that size*. thats why alot of people serperate the babies according to size to minimise fatalities
happy.gif

T

trisha

Thanks for the reply.

Just in case anyone is wondering - they all appear to be wildtype - not one albino or leucisitic.

S

sharn

cool, must have had 'throwbacks', one of your parents must hold the wildtype gene.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!