Looky what we have here

N

nathan

I have eggs!!!
ok I had my new female and male separated for a week, and then I put em back together and the next morning there’s some spermatophore and then today there’s more (9) and now I come back from school to fined eggs
lame.gif
(has she heard of the morning after pill
dizzy.gif

Pics later, o I forgot to add she is still going and also they are half white half black (the ones my other axies laid were full white)

she laid some on the air stone i have in there, is that good (because they need quite a bit of air) or bad

An air pump and air stone at one end of the tank will be helpful, just be sure it doesn't cause vigorous water flow. Thats from www.axolotl.org. I hope it helped.

Hey guys, the males hassling the female and keeps knocking her when she gets ready to lay her eggs, should I separate him?

Hey, congrats! You've been waiting quite some time, Nathan. Maybe after a couple of days, you can scrape the eggs off the airstone. Just be prepared for 2-3 hours per day maintenance after they hatch.
uhoh.gif

ha ha it's so funny watching them, when the male goes under her she raps her back legs around him ready to lay
proud.gif

(Message edited by archino on October 26, 2005)

but anne-marie it wasn’t even the ones i wanted eggs from its my new axies
lol.gif

Congrats nathan! are you going to try and raise all the eggs? when will we see some piccy's?
happy.gif

Nathan, the wild-type in the pic looks so proud and happy! how cute! Good luck with raising them, make sure you post heaps of pics!

what are you going to do with them when they are older, where will they go?

I have to admit it looks like you have a very proud mother there
lol.gif

lol, your axie looks so pleased with herself, great piccy's, and congrats again, looks like your going to be very busy soon!

Thanks for the comments everyone.
Jordan, depends on how many there are but I will keep a few and sell the rest, I will work out something. I don’t have any idea how many there are.

ok, thats good that they're all not black, because i would like to have a little more variation.

(Message edited by axolotlboy21 on October 29, 2005)

omg- Anne-Marie!
i havnt seen you on here for ages, i was wondering what happened to you.lol
happy.gif

Nathan- congrats, or should i quote "tough luck"
nono.gif
lol!
i guess this means you wont be wanting any of mine?lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back