Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotls available in the UK?

M

meg

Hi, Im not sure where else to post this, so forgive me if its in the wrong place, I was looking at a lot of the other threads, and notice very few people from the UK seem to have axolotls available to sell. can anyone point me in the right direction to find them in the south west?

meg

A

andrea

Hi, I know its not local to you but i live near Portsmouth and there are 3 shops locally that had axies in the last 2 weeks.

If u want to make a trip i can check the shops again before u travel if that is any help if u have no other luck.

M

meg

Wow, thats great, because I frequently visit the Island as my family are there, so a stop off in Portsmouth is easy!

Could you please list the shop names? Then I can get phone numbers and phone when I am next due to pass through! I am hoping to get two more axys after Christmas, when my tank doubles in size!

thanks
meg

A

andrea

Emsworth Aquaria - 02392 200990 these had 2 white, 2 wildtype and 1 golden albino

Fareham Aquatics (portchester) - 02392 506522 (i think) these had 2 white and 2 wildtype

Aqualife (in Sainsbury's, Drayton) - 02392 325500 had 2 white

Give them a try - how often they sell/restock i'm not sure.

M

meg

Wow. You are amazing! thankyou so so much!!

I will post a pic when I get the new tank and new occupants!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1