Bar butler type thing. . .

J

jenny

For my shrimp breeding I was thinking of getting a bar butler. (thing that holds bottles of spirits upside down and you can get out however much out you want)

Has anyone ever used one of these and found it useful?

They hold six bottles which i think would be good so i can have different batches getting ready and from the looks of them it seems they would hold plastic bottles with the tops taken off.

I was either thinking of getting one of these or maybe to make it cheaper just get one or two of the actual thing that goes in the bottle. but i dont know what they are called to search for one.

Does anyone know what they are called please?

Thats not a bad idea. I might have to steal that idea instead of using my current setup
wink.gif

As for "the thing that goes into the bottle", are you refering to those spouts that they put on bottles in bars for mixing drinks?

um, 'thing' meaning shot measuring bit. but i just found a cheaper shrimp hatcher so im gonna wait for that to arrive!

but if you do use it let me know how it works!

jenny - the shrimp hatcheries I have have a piece of airline that attaches to the bottom of the base.

You hook up the line to air pump while in hatching mode, and to collect the shrimp you use the same airline.

Just unhook it (and of course keep the end higher than the container of shrimp) and let them sit for about 5 min. The shrimp will go to the bottom of the bottle (where the air line is attached) and you just pour out as many as you want using the air line.

but how do you stop it from leaking?

my srimp hatcher went missing in the post so they sent me another one special delivery today so should be here tomorrow but its a 2L one (as they no longer have the 400ml ones) and so ive had to pay an extra £18 for it but theyre nice so theyre letting me pay at the end of the month when i get paid
happy.gif

but how do you stop it from leaking?

I'm not sure where you are thinking it leaks from?

The air hose attaches snugly to the base. The base has a notch in it to allow the air hose to come out from under the base. I put a piece of tape there to hold the airline snug.

I put a twist tie on the other end of the air hose and when I remove it from the air pump I set the shrimp hatcher on my kitchen counter and hook the twist tie to a cupboard handel. This keeps the air hose higher than the base so it doesn't leak while I am waiting for the shrimp to settle down to the bottom.

For those who have the artemia revolution unit it has rubber suction cups for mounting.

You can actually place it inside your tank with top positioned aove water level. The pipe is snug and leaks aren't an issue. Just the way I used mine and it keeps it all tidy and out of the way.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back