Are these spermatophores?

A

amy

my male axie had a really swollen cloaca yesterday and now i find these little white things in the tank. i looked at the pic of the spermatophore (sp?) on the breeding page but im still not sure if they are or not. i havent seen anything like this before today. my female doesnt look all that big right now. so what do you think? will i have lots of eggs tomorrow?
the pic isnt great but i thought it might help.
url]

thanks

ok it's hard to be certain say because you have moved them but they do look like spermatophores.

if you have a piccy of nay you havent moved it would be better.

Eggs depends on whether the female took some up before you disturbed the sp's. Good luck with them.

the only ones i saw were just sitting there, not stuck to the slate, like theyd already been moved like by them moving about. ill definately post back if i get any eggs :D thanks for your help

all is not lost! went in this morning to see them and found about 4 DEFINATE s'phores. hopefully tias picked up a few! ooooh, xmas eggs!

::theme from jeopardy::
Maybe you will get what you want for christmas
happy.gif

still no eggs
sad.gif
theres no way of artificial insemination is there???
lol.gif

Amy dont worry, the eggs will come! And they'll come when you least expect it. They'll catch you completely off guard and unprepared!
thats when the chaos starts!

good
happy.gif
doesnt feel right without a bit of chaos! ;) im triggering the s'phore deposition again so maybe this time.....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back