Update: S'phores!?

H

heather

well it turns out that they were spermatophores. cuz the tank is covered! i counted roughly 130 eggs!

Please you guys im a first timer when it comes to breeding axies. Your help is GREATLY appreciated!

i didnt realise you were only 13. could maybe you mum or dad help you out with getting the feed for them. a $6 pot of shrimp eggs should be enough. and if not you can always breed from those shrimps. they said it would cost $16 to send items to the UK so it is prob cheaper for hawaii?

nah, everything is way expensive to ship
like the time i got my axolotls from indianna university, the shipping ended up being more than all the stuff i got from them!
it was something like 70 dollars...

I might be able to get some shrimp eggs from a local aquarium supply store, but it is too early to call them, theyre not open.
dang!

to ship actual animals is def going to cost #### loads. but eggs. its just a small pot they will cost nothing. look on ebay.

how were you bale to get one from indiana uni? did your school do it for you?

i want to get one from there but now theyre being more strict with people wanting them and wanting proper proof that your at a school. otherwise i would have tried to get away with just using my college email address

(Message edited by mikki on December 23, 2004)

I would have to get another import permit if i were to ship in Brine Shrimp eggs, and it takes them a while to process the request forms, my axols would be hatched by the time they approved me, if they approved it at all.
Shhhhhh: dont tell my biology teacher ordered them(MY AXOLOTLS), then she gave em to me! heheheeh sneaky!
Their axies are very healthy and pretty, if you want one, just get one of your proffesors/teachers to order one for you!

Jenny,

you cant buy axies from IU, how on earth would u get them??

IU is in the US

when i contacted them and asked them they said theyd ship them but that only a col or school can

If anybody(in the US, sorry Jenny) would like some free axolotl eggs i would be happy to send them to you! you pay shipping, wich is rather pricy (sorry, im in hawaii) and you can have the eggs for free I have about fifty eggs that would be thrown away otherwise.

I would rather not post this in the advertisement section, I trust you guys with my axies!

is it illegal to send axy eggs to the uk even though theyre only eggs? i could call it pawaiwai. or how ever you spell it. (something i learnt in geology)

No Jenny it is not illegal if you do it correctly, i.e. apply for and fill out the mass' of paper work that make it not worth while.

but it would be like 'this is my axolotl, Pawaiwai. he is from hawaii ya know :D'

but ok. doesnt matter.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back