Best chiller idea ever!

A

aaron

80229.jpg

(IceBricks can stay cool for a whole day!
2 ice bricks will be clipped on the sides of the fish tanks with some wire which i will get from bunnings warehouse.

all parts of the fish tank will be covered with Styrofoam except the front and top!

it will be cool as!

You arn't putting the ice bricks in the tank are you? If they leaked everything in the tank would die. If you are putting them outside the tank its fine and a pretty good idea.

You are new to this forum so I want to tell you that using pictures from other sights is a big no no.

If you use the icebricks they just need to be put in a ziplock/plastic bag that can be sealed in case they leak.

I had had this idea too....do you think the glass can take the cold directly on it? I was hesitant to do this as I don't know whether the glass is tempered or not....Anyone?

Might be worth trying something I use: get a plastic knitting needle or similar to bridge the top of the tank. Then tie iceblocks so they're suspended in the middle of the tank.

I hang toys from mine, like a chain of links, which my guys love, bits of meat tied onto cotton for them to pull apart... you name it!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back