How many axies in a 4 foot tank

B

bryce

I m going to get a 4 foot tank for my birthday in 4 weeks and was wondering how many axies i could have in it with plenty hiding spots, toys, plants and everything else to make them happy.

I'd say maybe four adults and one Juvinile at the most. But im only estimating

I didn't say put one in there i was just saying how many axies would fit

Depends on width of tank. We have a 4ft x 1.5ft tank that we keep 4 axies in. If it was 1ft wide then probably 3 axies are more comfortable once you add their caves and stuff.

Could i have more people's opinions on how many in a tank 4 foot long x 1 and a half foot wide please.

I would have honestly thought about 3 adults so that they have room to grow and it wont get too dirty, but I suppose four would be ok just make sure you do a good clean out each week of about 20% - 25% water change

I've got 5 small adults in a tank that size.

You absolutely need to have enough hiding spots for everyone. This means lots of plants, caves, etc. for them to avoid each other.

I think 4 if you have a good filter and water changes. Lots of hiding places.

4 up to 6 depending on their adult size. the larger the less animals should be kept in the aquaria.

i have a 4 by 2 tank, and i currently have 5 very happy 15-18cm axies in it. they have loads of room.
it depends what you class as an "adult". i would say mine are an adult, and yet they are quite small. i would say 5 20cm axies, and a maximum of 4 25cm+ axies, although 3 would be better.

In our tank (4x1.5ft) our 4 axies; 2 are 28cm, 1 32cm, 1 30cm. I don't have plants, apart from plastic ones on top, plenty of hiding places though and filter. There's more than enough room for the 4 and my water is tested weekly/waterchanges weekly and have had no problems since it was cycled (over 10months now).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back