No substrate?

N

nora

I'm really thinking of taking Gonzales out for a minute (putting him in a container) and scooping out all his gravel. It's small gravel and I saw him eating it (about 1/2 a cm per piece, like tiny smooth pebbles, really) so I want to remove it before something bad happens.

I guess he can wait a few weeks until his second tank comes in (pre order- woo-hoo!). Maybe I can put in some really large pebbles for him to play on until then. I guess I wouldn't need to cycle it again?

Hummm... I'm flooding your forum with my new-tank rant. ^^ Sorry!

You can keep him that time without gravel.Most of my tanks haven't got any gravel at all. I have one topic here called "new setup" where you can see some of my new tanks.

I just removed all his gravel with a fish net (there's thill a tiny bit I couldn't get) and did a pretty big water change (there was about 30-40% left). I put in his pot and his fake plant, as well as his large pebbles.

His tank is kinda yellowy, but it should clear up!

It looks great and I don't feel so bad now!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back