OMG theres something else in my tank

C

chiika

UMMMMMMM well, theres these lil wormy things in my tank and I dont know where they came from cos I sure didnt put em there, they look like mosquito larvae but they're bigger and they're swimming all over my tank I got no idea what to do but I think I'm gonna put my axo in the fridge then clean out her tank really well and have to start ALL over again..... anyone got any idea what they are?

they may have been carried in covertly in the plants (if you put any in recently) or pathogenically thru the air in spores or something, I think.

If it was me, id pull the axolotl out of the tank.
Turn up heater to about 78F in the tank. Your in australia so odds are you dont have to do that hehe.
Put some guppys in the tank because they eat mosquito larvae. Once they clean the tank out wich they will, put the axolotl back in and he will eat the guppys and every body is happy, least the axolotl will be.

oh yeah let tank go back to normal tempature before returning axolotl.

(Message edited by forrest on November 29, 2006)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back