Can someone please check these water readings?

A

ang

I think they are Ok, just want to make sure:

OK, I have 3 tanks, the first one's readings were:

PH 7.0
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 20
Nitrite 0

The second tank,

PH 7.0
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 5.0
Nitrite 0

Third tank,

PH 6.6
Ammonia 0.25
Nitrate 10
Nitrite 0

I did a water change, on the third one because of the ammonia, and then the readings were this:
PH 6.8
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 10
Nitrite 0

Are these readings OK?

Tank one is fine, although nitrate is getting a little on the high side. This can be fixed easily with a water change.

Tank two is fine.

Tank 3 is fine. But if you tested and there was ammonia present before the water change, be sure to keep an eye on that over the next few days.

Thanks Joan,

I am testing it daily for a while, just to make sure. Today it was clear!

I think it is because there is no filter in that tank, because the babies keep getting sucked up it!

I am getting one that attaches on to the bubbler on Tuesday, that will hopefully have less suction.

I am just going to keep doing daily part water changes until I get it, because the water still looks a little bit milky.

Sponge filters are great. The ones that attach to the air pump. I used them for my larvae when they got a little bigger.

How big are the babies? If they're really tiny, I'd keep them in small containers and do 100% water changes daily.

Hi Joan, they are about 1 cm long, too many of them to keep in small containers, (would need alot of them lol)but they are doing really well in the tanks, I have them in two tanks, there are about 200 of them survived so far!

I tested the water again today, and still no ammonia, so looking good.
smile.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back