BUBBLE BARS?

T

topher

i was thinking of putting my bubble bar from my old fish tank in my Axie's tank will it freak him out or will it be ok

The problem is the axie might try to eat it (they respond best to movement). So I'd take care with where & how it's put in the tank if you do. Eating bubbles probably won't be a big problem (will probably spit bubbles out or pass gas), but if they went after the wand itself....

(Message edited by j4782 on February 08, 2006)

Hey Topher,
Alot of people use all kinds of air stones here (including the air bars).
You'd be fine using one of these IMO - just make sure your air pump is on the lowest setting so the bubbles and the water movement is kept to a minimum (hence, not stressing you little guy).

lame.gif

Is the bubble bar like an air stone but a long version, like a pole etc. I was thinking of getting an air stone this shape, like a pole, 4 feet in lenght and putting it under the gravel at the back so it looks liek bubles are rising from under water in a straight line across the tank. I think that owuld be great for your tank.

i got a airstone of approx 30cm long with a very small aerator but took it out cause it wasnt doing my plants any good...

true, hey rob set a timer on it for the night when plats take in oxygen. When you have a CO2 reacter with no airstone for the night time, CO@ takes over the tank leaving barely any oxygen for the plants at night.

The only problem I had with the bubble bar is that it 1.) increased evaporation from the tank significantly and 2.) if I didn't have the air pump on high, I didn't get a 'bar of bubbles', just scattered ones here or there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back