Tank for juvies

J

jeff

49522.jpg

How does this look for a setup for the babies, I need to take the gravel out but other then that I was thinking it looks pretty good. I find that right now they spend most of the time in their container at the surface. Is that an indication of somthing wrong with the setup?

It is not normal for them to be at the surface all the time. But I don't know what is wrong.

The tank looks ok for older juveniles or adults, but not little ones.

(Message edited by jennewt on December 07, 2005)

air bubbles from eating? little babies are going to find it stressful to move around in there. a bare tank with a few larger rocks works best IMO or a lot of smaller containers

smaller containers did not work for these guys, so i took all the gravel out and put them back into the 10g with chopped blackworms and no gravel. I wanted to use the gravel initially beacuse it had so much nutrients on the bottom, but the bare bottom is much better for the live food.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back