New tank how does it look a work in progress

P

paul

heres my setup still got to collect gear for it how does it look
45542.jpg

Great, Paul!

It's very tall, looks very clean and you have some great hiding spots there! Well done!

Nice looking set-up paul! Yes i agree with Casey your tank looks extremely tall! Your set-up's looking great. I do think its missing something though, COLOR. I'd get some different sand maybe or some interesting decorations.

i love it just the way it is!! it looks like a river bed with all those flowy plants. great work!

hey paul, nice piece of art! lol... i was just wondering how did u smash the pot to create that crack?

what kind of plants are those? I agree they look really cool the way the wave in there.

The plant looks like Ceratophyllum demersum, don't know the english name. Common in slowly flowing rivers and lakes (at least in Europe) and suitable for cold and warm water.

Paul - It looks very nice, there is one thing I would do though. I would take some aquarium silicone and run a bead of it along the edges of that broken pot so a scared axolotl doesn't hit it and get cut.

I love the little Iglue looking house it is so cute!

Your tank sort of reminds me of a camp site, two tents, out in the woods, very nice
happy.gif

the height of the tank is because it is our old seahorse tank and the pot i just hit it with a hammer and hoped for the best but it came out ok but im looking for a good hidey spot for them like some boiled drift wood or some river rocks but thats later down the track the plant is called worm something dont know the last bit but that lot cost me about 2 dollars so pretty good when im down at the shop next ill look at the name properly and get it for you all i dont like a lot of colour as artifical colour in my tanks i like them to look natural as possible so the flower pots will be going to later hers what i found out about the plant, Coontail is a submersed plant. It has no roots, and so is free-floating

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back