Tree root with filter inside

wow! they look great! and I love that they have an extra air tube for an air wall! are these safe for axies? they look so nice! could I have one with sand?

Hey! I saw those at my petsmart! I don't remember if I saw the tree trunk one but i did see the rock one. It was pretty interesting though, I was in a hurry so didn't get much time to look. I wonder if they would be any good?

I think I like the rock one the best, but I also like the tree trunk
happy.gif

hey yeah they are awesome for tank busters or fish that like to attack heaters (like oscars, pacus etc etc). i suppose it would work in an axie tank, my only concern is the water wont get enough filtration because of the rock/tree trunk barrier in the way, they say they have the grate sort of thing, but wouldnt that make it look ugly? youd have to face it to the back, and you dont really want the filter going against the wall unless you had excessive flow problems

Rheann - did you noticed if they were totally concealed, or is the back open so it has to go against the back of the tank?

I only remember seeing the rock one, and it was flat on the back with a piece of plastic/glass, just like in the second photo.

It fits against the back of the tank.

I don't think something like this would be very good, not for an Axolotl tank. very pretty though. Next time I am at petsmart, I'll go look at them again.

I'm really sick right now with the flu so when I feel better, I'll go in and have a look
happy.gif

Rheann - Hope you get feeling better. You don't need to make a special trip to check on them for me.

I was just curious as I have a tank I would like to move my frogs too and it would look better if the filter was hidden, and I think the frogs would enjoy sitting on either the rock or the tree root.
I am broke so I can't buy one right now anyway lol.

thanks

those look neat i think my fish will like them i got mollies like that pic

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back