Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Tank size

B

bookie

and does anyone know any good web site to buy aquarium stuff. i think i wana order a new tank

R

rheann

www.bigalsonline.com
www.aquariumguys.com
www.petco.com
www.petsmart.com

10 gallon minimum for an Axolotl. I think two can be housed together in a ten, but it would be really cramped I would think for them. A 20 gallon long tank would be best for two. If you would like to buy a tank try at your local petsmart. They have some pretty good prices for tanks. Also try walmart. Over hang filters are ok if you can get a good aquarium syphon or vacuum. I bought an aquarium vacuum from bigals and it works really great, even though it's not really meant to vacuum sand. Still love it though, hope this helps ^_^

B

bookie

um im in japan. they dont have walmart and i dont know really any good pet places. so im better with the internet. but thanks for your help.

R

rheann

lol Sorry, didn't realize you were in Japan because on your user name it says Dallas Texas. Have no idea about finding things in japan. Sorry about the mix up
hat.gif

Wait a minute, now i remember seeing a post about you being in Japan. Now I feel stupid lol. (Sits in corner with dunce cap)

J

joan

You can't really ship aquariums due to size and fragility. I'm sure there are pet shops around where you could buy one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1