Tank setup.

justin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
justin slate
I have a 3 inch albino. I purchased a 20g(long)
I Have a 10 gallon gravel filter, a hanging 10-15 whisper filter, and two 5 gallon filters. I have inside of it, a castle and I used black stones that are very smooth. This a good set up?

Welcome Justin - That sounds like a lot of filter for one 3 inch axolotl.

Axolotls do not do well with a lot of current in the tank, it stresses them badly.

Take a look at:
http://www.axolotl.org/housing.htm

Did you cycle your tank before you added the axolotl?

I havn't introduced the axie yet. Shes still in the 10 gallon. I'm letting the water cycle a bit. No big currents though. the two turtle filters barely produce kind of current. The hanging one does, but not big. Its a 20 gallon tank with a bunch of weak filters. but overall its pretty calm in there

i put my young axolotl [7cm] in the water that deep about 30cm.and i decided not to use cycling just only filter[chang water every 2 week] is it ok [i haven't done it yet] and please show me the picture of filter that is not expensive but fine [my tank is 13 gallon long 80cm wide40cm tall40cm

If you choose not to cycle the tank, you'll need to change the water on a daily or every other day basis. Cycling the tank allows you to change the water once a week or so.

what do you used for cleaning the tank when it is dirty because where the water sit there comes a white stan around the tank.

i just use one of them magnet cleaners

Will a under gravel filter be enough? Thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back