Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Housing for juveniles

A

anne-marie

I am looking for advice. About three months ago, my axi - littles hatched out and now they are around 10-15 cm long, with all the necessary legs and toes. Not big enough to sell yet, I don't think. I have 150 of them and they are all in big storage containers, which are completely cleaned daily. It is sooo time consuming but they are so adorable when they're little! I am starting to think about getting filtration and bigger tanks started to cope with them until I can get them big enough to sell. This is a first for me - previous babies have never survived. Does anyone have any advice or ideas as to when is a good time to start filtration etc, or any comments about their experiences?

K

kim

Your best people to speak to are John and Mikki.

I know one of Johns Axies has just laid eggs.

Mikki has got around 60 babies in a main tank with filters and pumps etc.

Im sure they will stick there heads in soon and help you out.

Good luck with them all!

Do we get any pictures?

M

mik

Stick with it Waltona ... mine are playing ide and seek...haven't seen tjem for two days...but if it'sa ny consolation they were fine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!