My axie is a botomless pit

D

daniel

my axolotl is sharing a home with a tadpole the same size, the axolol eats like a beast, non stop wich is a good thing, but my tadpoles mouth is soo small and its situated on the bottom of its head unlike my axie. for my axie i drop the food on his snout and he eats it. my tadpole cant to this, i need help because i dont know what to feed him or how please respond for the diet of the tadpole and the method of feeding. thnx again

Since the problem is the tadpole, maybe you should post in the Frog section of the forum. Be sure to post the name of the species of tadpole, as their diets probably vary. Sorry, I don't know anything about tadpole diets, except to say that many of them are vegetarian.

You could try Algae pellets. Most animals with mouths on the bottom of their heads, like nurse sharks and pleclostomi, scavange or eat algae off the bottom. Also wild tadpoles in my pond eat pond algae, so it's possible your domestic one does.

If the tadpole is uninterested in the pellets, all is not lost, because then you could feed them to your cat. My cat loves Algae pellets.

There is a post in the frog discussion area concerning the exact same problem right now you should read it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back