Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

I must have done something wrong!

V

vikki

I had two axis one is around 20cm, the other was only 10cm. the 20cm is named yang I had her slightly longer than Yin but throughout the time i had him Yin grew alot slower. I now cannot find yin at all. Yang does not look fat but is there any way she could have eaten yin? the lid was secure and i would find his body if he had died.
Any ideas?

Vikki

K

karrie

Maybe, If there is any type of hole in the lid he could of climbed out. or pushed the lid up. Have you checked all over the floor under the coach behind were the tank sits?

J

jake

omg i didnt know that axoltls jump outta the tank
shocked.gif

J

jennifer

Yes, axolotls can jump out of a tank. And yes, Yang could have eaten Yin (I will resist the urge to speculate on the philosophical implications of this....) Are you absolutely sure he's not just hiding in the tank somewhere? It's possible Yin's body is in a corner somewhere (in or out of the tank). Sorry
sick.gif

L

lana

do you have sand? it is possible that it has buried itself under it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1