What type?

K

karrie

Hi, I have a golden albino right now. I would like to get 1 or 2 more will other colour types fight . I think I read some were that a wild will pick on any thing thing that is not a wild type. What do you guys think of this?

no more than usual; ie landing on top of another axie, sudden fright, lunge for food and gills mistaken for food, etc.! My sister has leucistics and wildtypes, when they were younger and smaller they tended to be a bit grumpy but that was usually when they were hungry and mistook each other for moving food! Her younguns are over a year old now and the "greedy one" of the bunch is a leucistic female and will charge over everyone and bowl through the plants to get to the food first every single time. Apart from that they're their usual selves, ignore each other....

Probably more important thing would be size, in case the smaller one gets mistaken for a rather large tempting morsel swimming by! :D

Thanks, Heihei I can't decide which kind to get wild or leucistics or to get both or to get one now one later.
dizzy.gif
Oh yeah I need help with some name also ant ideas? My golden albino is Cracker.

oh gawd don't ask me, Im absolutely no help, I haven't named my 5 babies yet, had them since early December and still trying to decide!

i Read that wilds are a bit more aggressive then the others but not very. It is a natural instinct or something. I have a wild and a golden and they get along fine except if they are next to each other during feeding time. I just lure them away from each other and feed them. Anyway my point is that they are relatively calm just not as calm as the others. hope this helps. Oh and buy the way i think you should both new axies now so they can quaranteen together without being lonely. You don't have to though.

Thats what I thought. I have a tank set up for this that its all most done cycle. It's so hard making this choice.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back