Some type of coating inside my tank...

K

karrie

In my tank on the glass is a white crud. A little some thing on top of the water dose not look like oil. What is it? How can I get rid of it? I did a water change and wiping it off just comes back. Water is fine temp.60-65. Thanks for any help.

I have just posted the same problem mine is like a white film on top if the tank, apparently I have been told that this can be a mix of proteins and dust do you have a lid on top of the tank??

i hhad this problem a while ago and was told it was an overgrowth of bacteria. i scaped it off and did a 30% water change and it cleared up after about a week

I have no lid. no bubbler our water is hard but not supper hard. I was thinking about getting a spray bar cant seem to find one. I have a Fluval 2 pluse filter. The stuff on top of the water seems to better A little better today. Do you guys think I really need a lid?

you can make a spray bar with a plastic tube by making holes in it and securing it with aquarium sealant.

Do I need to plug the end up? Thats a good idea. I would still like to buy one I'am not vary good at making things.

you would need to plug the end but that can be done with the sealant

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back