Unhappy

H

heather

l have a question if anyone can help.....the other day my albino axie got ill and the 2 others in my tank where fine until yesterday morning when l found my albino had passed away. He was in a container, away from the others. l know its only been 24 hours since then but the other 2 axie's just sit there in the back of the tank not moving and it looks like there sad and missing there friend, as they where brought into my tank after l got the albino. Has anyone seen this kind of thing before as l really need to know if l should introduce another Albino into my tank or l should wait a while to see if they change?

If you intend adding/introducing another axie to your tank, be sure to quarantine it for 30 days to make sure the new axie doesn't pass anything onto your 2 current ones. Did you quarantine these 2 b4 adding them in with your albino? Also, adding 2 together may also have increased the waste/ammonia levels in your tank.

Could have been the combination of heat/stress related? Have you checked your water parameters for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate since your albino got sick?

l got my Albino 2 years ago and l got the black and olive brown 2 days later, as l had to wait for the pet shops to get more. All 3 where brought at different shops, so l wouldn't get any siblings. l have check the 4 foot tank and water levels are all good, temp is under 21 and thats great for 35 to 38 days outside. l just feel they are missing him as they just sit there looking so sad and looking up waiting for me to place him back into the water. The Albino was taken out of the tank at the first signs l thought something was wrong with him and placed into a container and put into a cool part of my house. Thanks for your help

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back