Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Feeding dried food

M

mary

hi, has anyone ever fed their axies dried foods- we were thinking of getting an automatic feeder when we go away- and putting some axie food pellets in it.

M

matthew

I wouldn't recommend it if I were you...Your axies might miss pellets and as you would not be there to clean up after them. Any missed pellets would foul and contaminate the water.

E

edward

Pellets are a fine food for axolots and many research colonies are maintained only on the pellets. Just make sure that you clean up any uneaten food items.

If you are going away, I would suggest feeding it well the week before and then not feeding it while you are gone. Just have someone make sure that the water level doesn't drop too much or the temperatures get too high.

Ed

(Message edited by Ed on December 08, 2006)

J

jacob

I feed mine on a sole diet of pellets, and the water quality is fine. I use the ones that float for more than an hour and take the ones that are left uneaten out after about half an hour.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!