Help

K

kerri

Hey guys,
i'm kinda knew at this and i just wanted to know if someone could tell me how to tell if one of my females is pregs. Thanx

Hi Kerri,

Unless you are used to looking at your axolotls, it can be difficult to tell if they are ready to lay eggs or not. If the females are close to egg laying, then the aquire a plumper look to them..

Ed

Like Edward said; look for prominant buldging in the body, towards the rear end of the abdomen. Keep an eye out for 'strange' behavior...Such as increased interest in the plants/rocks/other surfaces in the tank - i.e your axie grabbing them with all her limbs and hanging there for some time.

(Message edited by gaara on November 29, 2006)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back