Cloudy water again

L

luke

Hey guys
My water is cloudy from my rocks, i get that but the first time i did a 20% water change and it went away after one change. This time i did the same thing but it hasn't gone. The second water change was a 50% one which i just finished. How many more tank changes will i have to do? and will my stones ever stop making the tank a foggy white after every complete tank cleaning?

Are you sure its the rocks or could it be something beneath the rocks? Each time you get the cloudiness do you test your water?

i havnt got a water testin kit. I am getting one soon hopefully though. There isn't anything under the rocks. I cleaned the whole tank on Sunday morn.

If your water clouds over again rather than do a waterchange, take a sample of water to the petshop, since you don't have the kit, and ask them to test for everything including ph.

Usually when water gets cloudy in tank it's a bacterial bloom. Do you have huge rocks on top of sand, or just river rocks?

The rocks are white. They are buy themselves on the ground. I got them from a local hardware store. They are treated and cleaned or something

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>Quoting Luke Whitfield on Tuesday 31 October 2006 - 09:13 (#POST110057):</font>

They are treated and cleaned or something<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Might pay to check with the hardware store as well you bought them from what they were treated or cleaned with. Or maybe it's the type of rock and whatever its contents are/ How long have you had them in your tank?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back