Cycling again?

M

malachy

I have recently found out that my mother (God love her) was playing with my axies (EVEN though she hates them, I'm not so sure what she was doing really), and thought my filter looked dirty. Anyway the point is that she removed the filter, and took out the carbon because she thought it was a build up of dirt, and when she put it back in the tank she forgot to turn it on. That was almost 9 days ago, and i have only just discovered what occured when i found my filter unplugged and questioned her. Dont you just love it when people try to help?

Do i need to re-cycle my tank now, or will it be fine cos it was cycled in the first place? And what do i do about putting carbon back into my filter? Ive never had this happen before, will it harm my axies?

What kind of filter is it? Has it been turned back on now? The lack of carbon is no problem, it's not really essential. And no, you don't need to re-cycle the tank.

Thankyou, its back on now and the little guys look much happier! Its been a VERY hot day in melbourne though, temps of 34degrees here today, so i dont think they are looking forwards to summer as much as me...I guess its time to go get my chiller making equiptment hey.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back