Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Can any one help me ?

J

jason

Hello everyone i need some help a while ago i had a post saying i had these white worm things in my tank they stick on the glass well i have been able to get some pics and i need some help to get rid of them. I have been doing water changes every week i cant get rid of them i have to wipe the glass every week they in this pic appeared a day after i cleaned the glass ? And one of my axies seems to twitch and then fly across the tank almost like hes been bitten but have only seen him do this a hand full of time cheers

70080.jpg
70081.jpg
70082.jpg
70083.jpg
70084.jpg

J

jason

Cool thanks for your help i must say after i got that sand vac i used it for about an hour cleaning the sand and there is not as many of them in the tank now i shall try another good clean. Thanks for the info i just did not want my axies to get harmed cheers

T

teesha

i have those as well, i hate them to bits, they creep me out. I don't recommend this but i bought 3 small baby rosy barbs to eat them up and it worked. 2 became axie dinner in one night, the other lasted a week or so. It helped teh problem alot though. I suppose you could shift your axie to a holding tank adn put heaps of little fish in there to do a clean up and then swap them over??? Just a suggestion.

L

lorie

Yeah i have a few of them
happy.gif
I got some little white ones that swim in straight lines across the water hey hve little leg things. Is that the same thing?

A

ang

I have a similar thing in my tank, and the babies have been eating them. Are they likely to be harmful?

D

drew

try putting aquarium salt in your tank .. I do it and my axolotls gills and breathing capacity are fine . when I put salt in alot of the kreepy bugs disapear .. just a thought .
~ Drew ~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!