Moving to another tank

J

jade.

I have recently got a new tank. it is more than twice as big as my old one, the 35kg bag of gravel is on its way and the axolotls are currently living in their old tank at the other end of their house.

i have a question

will there be any changes i will need to do once they are in the tank? will they get stressed by being in a new tank?

thanks, i just really love my axies and want the best for them!

You will need to cycle the new tank b4 you transfer them and you may want to change the gravel for river pebbles (bigger than you axie's head) or sand.

Once you have put them in and your tank is cycled then all you really have to do is keep an eye on your axies and the water stats. They may be a bit nervous when u transfer them but they will settle in ok.

ok, cycling is when you leave the water to set for a few days right?

oh and it is actually sand that im ordering, does this do any damage to them?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back