Fussy Axie?

S

shaun

Has anyone got a fussy axie? Through the hot Summer here in Britain, it's been murder to find worms. All my axie's eaten in the last five days have been two baby worms (is a 15cm juvie so should be eating every day) and has refused bloodworms, brine shrimp in jelly, trout pellets and turtle sticks
errr.gif
! I feed him at about 9pm so the water is fairly cool. Do you think he's fussy?

I am not to sure as i am kinda new to keeping axies but mine will only eat earthworms not the ones that gives of that smell and yellow stuff. They wont eat frozen or live blood worms i have tried loads of times to feed them on it. They will eat live brine shrimp but i found this costly. If you ask at any good fishing shop you will be able to buy some worms i buy mine weekly and they cost £1.99 for about ten. Good luck

One of my axies is fussy over the food that he eats wile another in the same tank bites at any thing

yes my axies have gone all fussy past few weeks- they are about 8 months old- also haven't done a poo in a while either. Usually they have been real piggies. They look at the food but aren't snapping at it- just not interested...

Similar happening here. Takes a while to sniff (whereas usually sucks it in in a second), but can't swallow.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back