Is my tank on track?

J

jason

Hi my tank has been cycling for about three weeks now and i have two sets of readings can you please let me know if they look ok ?

NH3-0.6
NO2-5
NO3-0.1

NH3-0.5
NO2-0.1
NO3-20PPM

Getting bored now of looking at just the plants in the tank
bowl.gif
and the little axies im sure are getting bored of the plastic container. Any help would be grate cheers

Your ammonia gotta be 0 before you put your axies in. (They look real cute in the pic). You need to change water every day in the plastic container that they are in,to make sure the ammonia doesn't get too high there.Oh, just for your info, my tank took 5 weeks to cycle, but I know some people who's took 3-4 weeks.Good luck

In addition to the ammonia being zero, the nitrite should also be zero as this can also be very toxic to the axolotls.

Ed

Cool. just needed to know it looked ok to everyone. i cant wait to put them in there tank
biggrin.gif
. yes i change there water every day and add a drop or two of stress coat.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back