Anyone who has a heart?

S

susan

Hi guys
everyone says that beef heart is a good food. I have tried two butchers and the local Woolworths with no luck - they say the beef gets delivered minus the interesting bits and they are not able to order hearts in.
I can get sheep or pigs - are these ok for axies?
In the alternative, anyone know where in Sydney I can get one?

You can use sheep heart, just make sure you cut off all the white fatty bits or any sinewy bits. Beef/sheeps Heart is ok as a treat.

ya, my biology teacher always feeds his axies pig heart whenever he gets a chance which is about every other month when he gets his biology catalog......its fairly good for them...
happy.gif

yes i agree with sarah i could'nt get beef heart to feed my axies so yesterday i went out into the garden to dig for worms i have'nt had my axies long so its the first time for me feeding my axies earthworms, i got a few from the garden and put them in the tank (axal and angel will not eat them if im holding the food) so when i dropped the worms in they see them and grabbed them straight away......they loved them
happy.gif

Two of mine will eat earthworms but the third usually won't - and yesterday everyone just spat the worms out - so now I have to find the drowned worms in the substrate. Also, there is a drought in Sydney and earthworms are quite hard to find but I am trying to breed them. It is good to know the alternatives - I will give the pig hearts a try. Thanks

bloodworm is good. u buy em in frozen cubes in the local petshop
happy.gif
i feed mine that if i cant find any earthworms
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back