Worms

K

kate

hi.

is there any difference between the earthworms you buy for bait as opposed to the ones you get at the pet shop? the pet shop didnt have any so i bought some from the bait shop but my axie isnt really interested in them. he ate 2 on monday but hasn't eaten since. even if i sit there for 10 minutes dangling it in front of him. he rises up like he is going to eat but then does not snap.

starting to get worried.

certain worms can taste funny depending on what theyve been raised in. compost worms can be pretty nasty but ive dug up ones from my garden they seem to eat? ask if the bait store use any fertilisers/chemicals in or near where the worms are raised

im just using worms that i dig up from the garden. mum put multch down 6 months ago and cos of the cold weather i just have to move a bit of the surface and ill find plenty.
I bought a batch one from the fish store and i ended up putting them in mums compost heap cos they stank really bad.

In our compost if you come across a ball of worms they stink, but its a sort of earthy stink if that makes sense. But our normal garden worms don't really have a smell

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back