Hail the Turkey baster!!

M

mary

Hi there, just wanting to thank all those people who recommended the turkey baster pooper retriever. it is so good- i was getting frustrated with the poop getting in nooks and crannies since replacing gravel with bigger stones. tried the baster today and it suctioned just where i wanted it! no more typhoons with that awful siphon thingie!

hail the turkey baster! greatest invention ever i say. i wonder if the dude that made it ever imagined it would be used for axie poos lol

best i keep it separate from the cutlery drawer in case we ever actually do have a turkey and someone decides to baste it!!!eeuuwww

we are very different people mary lol, id personally put it in there for a laugh and half way through go 'oh, i see you found the turkey baster i use to pick up my axolotls poos, my bad for keeping it in there'

I can't find one arghhhhhh!!!! Live in W.A So if anyone knows where to buy one please tell me lol. I will keep looking though.

I got one from a cheap shop called crazy clarks. Not sure if u have those in WA but something similar might stock them.

i am now addicted to using my baster and have to stop myself from hoovering the tank with it more than several times a day..!!!! accidentally sucked one of the wee axies tummys the other day- fortunately it didn't seem to hurt him!! oops...

Yay i found one today!

In a shop called "House" they have heaps of kitchen utensils and plates and stuff. Only $3.95

happy "basting"- i think i want a 2nd one....just for back up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back