Hot 1st of Jan in Sydney

K

keiran

How did everyone's Sydney Axies cope with yesterdays record temperatures? 45 degrees celcius

I was away in the mountains, but had put the portable air conditioner in the room with tank and set it up to run on auto to 24 degrees? Worked like a charm!

My Axies haven't coped very well. They started floating up to the top of the tank. Poor things! But, I've just put a few bottles of frozen water in there to try and keep them cool. ^_^

I have my Axies in a tub ATM, and i put the tub on the tiles about 4 meters away from the aircon and the water was about 18-20 degrees.
happy.gif

But because they were hoggin the aircon, i was boiling :<

When I'm at home and can monitor the temp, I find that cycling through ice bottles can work quite well maintaining good conditions. I keep about six bottles frozen and cycle them one at a time.

But that air conditioner saved my Axie's life - because I wasn't there!

I have my little one in the fridge. Its the only way I can keep her cool enough.

thats one of the disadvantages of living in aussie, the hot temp can get to the axies. lol were would we be without a fridge. if i ever work at a pet store and some people want to get an axie the first question i would ask is "do you have a fridge" lol that would sound very weird to them!!.

LOL alex.
Id also quiz em about temps, food, filters, etc etc. and if i dont like the answers id snatch em back LOL.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back