Canned snails

T

tina

I've bought some canned snails and crickets for my axie. Now I'm wondering: have any of you guys tried the snails? They couldn't be harmful for axies? They are de-shelled and farm grown..

And is there any difference in quality between the exo-terra and can'o'crickits brand?

Thanx in advance

Yuk! How can you people feed your axies with canned crickits? I thought the snails would smell bad, but they smelled of roses compared to the canned crickets. I thought I was gonna throw up
blob.gif

Well, I guess it's just something I have to get used to
lick.gif

My axie loved the canned snails by the way, but I can't et her to eat the crickit? Mayby she's full? She is getting a little thin, so I thought I would fatten her up a bit..
frog.gif

i think most people that feed crickets feed them live, iv'e seen the canned ones, but recon live would be better ?

Yeah.. I think my axie liked the live ones better too, 'cause she wouldn't eat the canned one. She chewed it a couple of times then spat it back out and never looked at it again
sick.gif

Guess it didn't taste very delicious
smile6.gif

Think I'll just have to give up on the crickits then, 'cause my boyfriend goes insanely mad when he catches me feeding the live ones.
angry.gif
...lol..
kiss.gif

hehehe... He hates the thought of the terror the crickit must be in when it splashes around in the water waiting to get eaten... lol
He is really sweet though.. rescuing all bugs he finds in trouble.. I love him
love.gif

It's kind of hard finding earthworms this time of year. Tons of snow you know...
angel.gif

ahhh lol
happy.gif
thought it must of been something like that
biggrin.gif
i feed mine with a tong tool
so they only suffer 4 a few seconds lol
u could always start a worm farm
happy.gif

Yeah.. I think my mom would really appreciate a worm farm in her basement
lick.gif

(living with my parents for the moment)

Well, I guess I could get some worms from this web shop, but I have no idea what kind of worms they are. The shop calls them "canada worms" and "tiger worms".....

(Message edited by anitarus on December 23, 2005)

i tried a worm farm, not really any success, im better of just going out every now and then and digging around the garden till i find out, takes about 30 seconds before i find out. iv fed crickets, definintly like em better live.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back