Worms Direct

J

johnfm1

Has anyone purchased worms from this company and, if so, which are the best for Axies? Mixed worms or just plain earthworms?

I checked the website and it's a UK company, so I am assuming that's where he is.
happy.gif
I have no experience with that particular company, but I do know that plain old earthworms are great for axies!
happy.gif

You might want to consider checking with a local bait shop, it would save you on shipping (and you can see what you are getting).

Hi John,
I have a standing order with this Company, and thoroughly recommend Nigel's services.
For feeding Axies, go for Lobworms (Lumbricus terrestris), they are large worms, so cut them into 'bite size' lengths.
In the UK you can normally only find Dendrobaena worms in bait shops.

i have had bad experience with lob worms when i went sea fishing they bite or nip or somthing like that i hate them lol never thought of feeding them to my axie

I have used them too, but have brought the mixed 1000 £12 medium sized worms... my axies will eat any of them with out a problem.. and I dont have to cut the worms up either, they are just the right size!

Worms Direct are a great company....I've been buying my worms from them for quite a while now - and have no complaints at all

I get the Lumbricus terrestris which my adult lotls love - they pounce on them and shake them around like mighty monsters lol!

We've just taken a delivery of another 100 earthworms for the wormery today. I don't know what we'd do without Worms Direct.

Is there somewhere where I can buy a wormery? if I just buy the worms I have nowhere to put them!

meg

They eat bloodworms, earth worms, blackworms, and whiteworms. I couldn't tell you what they like best for im not an axie!
lol.gif
lol.gif

What do the worms arrive in from worms direct? Will I need to be home?

My axies only 6" so I was thinking the smaller Dendrobaena worms would be better so I don't have to cut them up. Is there a reason the lobworms are better?

Thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back