Funny critters on the glass

H

heather

hello everyone,

heres the deal- ive got these funny little critters scurrying around on my glass and i was wondering what in the world they are!!

they are uber small
they jump around
it looks like they have antenae or whiskers on their heads
they also have two strands coming off their butt ends and some of them have what appears to be eggsacks on the strands

i cant get a picture because theyre so small

they remind me of fleas..

are they Y shaped? and they swim with the forked end in little jerky movements?

they swim in jerky movements theyre sort of Y shaped, its hard to describe..

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
attachment_icon.gif

crittter drawing.bmp (70.7 k)</td></tr></table></center>
heres a drawing,dont laugh at it
the arrow show they direction they move in

oh, i wasnt worried about em, i actually think theyre cute!
i was just wondering what to call them...

and yeah, that one photo with the red critter, mine look like that, only they are white and dont have that extra tail thing like you said

and i know for a fact that they arent mosquito larvae, cuz i ve had those in tmy tank before too, as well as a dragonfly larva

all of which were eaten by my vicious axies...

thanks Sharn
biggrin.gif

Hey my old tank had those too! Mine are also white and they jump around and are funny. I just thought they were harmless. When I watched them they did their best to avoid my Axolotls, I guess to avoid being squashed lol. So I figured they were harmless
happy.gif

I wonder if I will get any in my new big tank.

cyclops I think they're called.

I had them in my old tank.

The 2 bumps on your drawing are their egg sacks.

happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back