Cycling over?!?!

S

stipe

Hey everybody,
My tank has been cycling for 1 week after a clean but has had half its water from an established tank as well as ornaments, plants etc.

Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-10

There are the levels of my tank, what do you think, is it ready for my axies?? About the nitrate isnt it ment to be below 40mg/l so its ok at 10, right?

Advice needed, thanks in advanced, stipe
happy.gif

well, the ammonia and nitrite might show up at a later time. I don't believe that in one week it would be finished but i could be wrong. I would wait for another week and keep testing. If still nothing shows up in ammonia or nitrite then you're all set.

Jordan, Stipe is using his old water and decorations, so it does not take long to re-cycle a tank when you've moved everything into a new tank.

That is true, However if your axies are young and eating lots of bloodworms you may well find that the current bacteria populations are not enough to handle the waste (even if you pick out any un-eaten food, and the poo).

Well that was my experience anyway.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back